My Cleaning lady rant
Recently we had a potential cleaning lady come to our house for an evaluation and an estimate. The one thing I learned from this experience is that your house needs to be spotless and tidy if you expect them to clean any thing at all. Spick and Span if you are to pass their test which can be really challenging for someone with adhd.
I have put together a quick little cheat sheet here for you based on my failed experience so that you will know the do’s and don’t of cleaning lady evaluations.
Here is what should NOT happen when you have a potential cleaning lady come over to evaluate your house for an estimate.
- You should not schedule the evaluation on the same day that your husband decides to drain the entire swamp (pool) in your back yard of all its debris and algae which is now spewing all over the driveway.
- You should not have two Adirondack chairs on your porch blockading the front door because you didn’t bother to put them back when you were done with the yard project. Apparently this will cause the cleaning lady to have to climb over the chairs just to reach the doorbell and she will no doubt tell you about it and make certain that you realize what a Irritatedhuge inconvenience this was.
- You should not have the cleaning lady referred to you by your next door neighbor who will no doubt be getting the low down on your absolute inability to change a litter box or put a roll of toilet paper on the holder.
- You should not hear the cleaning lady utter the phrase “I-YIH-YIH!” upon entrance to your kids rooms.
- You should not have a dried banana peel stuck to the side of your TV stand. (Apparently this is frowned upon in the cleaning lady community.)
I never have understood the whole “We need to clean the house because the cleaning lady is coming to clean” concept. It irritates the tar out of me that this is the norm. YOU’RE A FRIGGIN CLEANING LADY! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN!!!!
I was terribly irritated when she asked if the clutter would be picked up on the day’s that she would be coming to clean. Umm sure? I mean, yeah we can be messy, but it’s hardly a ”Hoarding” episode in the making.
I realize this is a rather random post but I just had to share. Thanks for listening.
From the Dysfunction Junction